The Information Security Office and the Security Incident Response Team (SIRT) are available to facilitate and provide guidance with any computer security incidents that affect university IT resources or threaten the availability, confidentiality, and integrity of university information.
All security incidents involving restricted data or confidential information, as defined by the Data Classification and Protection Policy, 4-008, on the University policy site, must be reported immediately to SIRT at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through the UCF IT Support Center at (407) 823-5117.
What is an Incident?
An incident can be defined as any act that violates UCF Information Security policies and/or the 102 Workstation and Mobile Device Security Standards. The types of activity below are common violations and should be reported to the UCF SIRT:
- Unauthorized attempts (either failed or successful) to gain access to a system or data
- Unwanted disruption or denial of service
- Unauthorized use of a system for processing or storing data
- Inappropriate usage according to the IT Security Policy or University Acceptable Use Policy
- Theft or loss of University computing equipment
General Reporting Procedures
- Your name and contact information
- Impact of security incident
- Attach any relevant logs to the ticket. Logs must contain time stamps synchronized to an NTP server.
- If the incident is in regards to an email, please report using the Phish Alert Button. If the Phish alert button is not available, please create a ServiceNow ticket with the email attached.
- Should you feel personally threatened by any message delivered to you or action performed upon your property over the UCF network, please contact the UCF police immediately at (407) 823-5555.