Network ID (NID)
- The ucf.edu portal
- The UCF_WPA2 wireless network
- Many campus computer labs including Technology Commons and Classroom Building I
- Applications that utilize the UCF Federated Identity single sign on service
- The UCF Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Visit https://my.ucf.edu/nid.html to retrieve your NID
- Visit https://mynid.ucf.edu to reset your NID password
- On a campus desktop you may also change your password upon login or using the CTRL+ALT+DELETE option and selecting “Change a Password”
- Contact the UCF IT Support Center using the resources found on their site: https://ucf.service-now.com/ucfit?id=contact_us
- Visit the Technology Commons help desk located within the UCF Technology Commons
Please view the University Standards regarding password requirements for more information.
UCF provisions and de-provisions NID accounts based on affiliation and relationship information in source systems such as myUCF, Workday, and others.
When you first join the UCF community, the UCF system generates your UCFID (sometimes called EMPLID). Your UCFID is a unique random number that serves as your primary identification within the UCF system. Your UCFID links your student, staff, or faculty records which contains personal information as well as grades, schedule, employment, payroll and other data. You cannot use your UCFID to sign on to any system at UCF.
Use your UCFID when identifying yourself to a UCF office who is accessing your records. For example, they may ask for your UCFID when scheduling an advising appointment, checking out a library book or when an employee is working with HR.
Your privacy is very important to us. Learn more by visiting this link: https://www.ucf.edu/internet-privacy-policy/