General Security Tools
- Tenable Nessus
- Moba Xterm
- SSH Secure Shell
- Network Time Protocol (NTP) – Synchronizing Time
- To effectively investigate compromises or security incidents it is necessary to have clocks synchronized to a common system
- Install synchronizing software such as Netlab
Windows Security Tools
- Microsoft Windows Defender
- Microsoft Baseline Security Analyzer
- MBSA runs on the latest flavor of Windows and can scan for missing security patches and vulnerabilities in Microsoft products
Linux Security Tools
- Ubuntu Linux
- Be sure to enable the host firewall as it is disabled by default. Use ufw for this purpose.
- Red Hat Linux
- Use Update Agent to retrieve the latest software packages from Red Hat. Using this tool will allow you to always have the most up-to-date Red Hat Linux system with all security patches and bug fixes.