Our Mission and Vision
The mission of the Information Security Office (ISO) is to design, implement and maintain an information security program that protects the confidentiality, integrity, and availability (CIA) of the University’s data, information systems, processes, and services.
Successfully securing university information resources requires that the various university organizations consistently adhere to a shared vision for information security. Working with UCF IT, administration, faculty, staff and students to develop security policies, standards, and best practices to help protect university assets.
The department is dedicated to security planning, education, and awareness.
What We Do
The University of Central Florida relies heavily on computers and the data residing on those computers. A system of security controls exists to safeguard these assets. While it is the responsibility of the information resource owners, custodians, and users to comply with FERPA, GLBA, PCI DSS, HIPAA, and other federal and state requirements, Information Security Office is available to provide counsel and guidance to assist in the assurance of the confidentially, integrity and availability of information resources.
Information Security Office Activities and Programs:
- Information security policies and standards development
- Identity & Access Management (IAM) policies, standards and services
- Information security incident response Team (SIRT) and SIRT Committee
- Information security consulting
- Computer forensic investigations
- Information security risk and compliance assessments
- Information security awareness and education programs